Today we will be collecting ideas for our sonnets. We will be working on rough drafts tomorrow, going to the computer lab a206 on Friday, and the final typed copy is due on Monday.
Quick writes- Spend about 3-5 minutes on each question. Answer them thoroughly and explain your answers. They are designed to help you come up with ideas for your sonnet.
- What are your thoughts on love and relationships?
- Who is someone that has wronged you?
- Who is someone that has helped you?
- What do you fear, what worries you, what keeps you up at night?
- If you could be doing anything right now, what would it be?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What would you eliminate from your life (things or events)?
- Take any of your answers from the questions above and compare it to an animal.
- Take any of your answers from the questions above and compare it to weather/natural event (thunderstorm, deep freeze, tsunami, black hole, etc.).
- Take any of your answers from the questions above and compare it to a season or day of the week.
Your Sonnet will need to have the following…
- 14 lines
- 3 quatrains and 1 couplet
- iambic pentameter
- rhyme scheme abab cdcd efef gg